Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Make new contributions...


A new little book in the accordion style with 2 folds. This is called 'Make new contributions.'


The book features hummingbirds experiencing the joy of wisteria. Above is shown the front cover of the book [closed] and here is the back side of the book [closed]:


Here the book is opened so you can see the front cover side. This is a scene of wisteria and birds enjoying them:


The other side of the opened book shows rice plants, and the view of the back cover:


You can see the stamp [chop] image in the red cinnabar paste ink that is used for the chop seals. The scale of this chop is large compared to the little book and I am searching for the small seal I have that would be more suitable. This may take forever, so I've started searching on ebay to bid or purchase a seal that is more suitable for these little books I am making.  Meanwhile, I will have to use the large one. The meaning of the picture idea is 'eagle' and it is carved on a chunk of stone that has a cat carved at the top of it. Here's a picture of the stamps I do have:


I've had these for more than 20 years and they cannot be obtained any more. There was an older fella that carved the seals in his shop in Chinatown in Vancouver and once his shop closed the wonderful chops were no longer available. I only discovered this yesterday when I went racing down there to purchase a chop from somewhere. Noone does it any more. So I went to ebay and successfully bid on one from China. I'll receive it in a month. I can hardly wait. It's an old 'tiger' chop, which is my Chinese Astrology symbol.
This book that I've shown you today, is just the planning stage for a wisteria/hummingbird/rice  accordion style 2-fold little book with saying that I plan to sell on etsy. Thus you can see that the folds are not perfect in this rendition. I need to hunt down the proper size of envelope for it. Perhaps of a see-through material that I can't think of the name of right now. Thanks for dropping in today, and I hope to see you again soon, *smiles* Norma, x

5 comments:

  1. oh wow, Norma, those hummers are lucky indeed to be swarming around in that beautiful wisteria.
    see-thru envelope - velum, perhaps?
    xxoo, sus

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an all around amazing little book. The hummies in Nanoose would be touched, I"m sure !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Norma you make such spectacular little books. Love the design you are using with the string through. Your paintings too are lovely - your birds are always so beautiful. And I love the chop (thanks for teaching me about that!) Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful little book, Norma. I love all the elements-the birds and flowers, the watercolour on that wonderful textured paper, the chop seal and the accordion style. It was interesting to learn about the chops too.
    Jane x
    www.texturetrail/blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...