Friday, August 31, 2012

Pretty in Pink

I was quietly and slowly preparing tea bags for use (carefully prying open the tiny staples at the top; teasing out bits of string; finding the opening and gently inserting a knife blade and then coaxing the crimped edge open; dumping out tea leaves; and then carefully pulling the paper flat ready for ironing) when the idea came to me to do an illuminated letter on a used tea bag. So when I finished the task of bag preparation, I immediately fell to doing an illuminated letter. I completed it this morning, and here it is. It is an 'f':
Here's a longer view so you can see the whole bag:
And here is the result of an hour of prepping tea bags to get the paper that I adore. There are well over 100 leaves here:
Thanks for dropping in today and I hope to see you soon! *smiles* Norma

5 comments:

  1. Your illumination is dare I say illuminating!

    The teabag paper has such lovely markings made by the tealeaves they really add to the appeal.

    Have a good weekend!

    Helen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful effect! Will you make books out of these leaves?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your illumination....especially in pink!
    So many beautiful teabags. Lucky you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. the teabag is exactly the right choice for your illumination Norma, it has the look of medieval paper, i had to smile seeing all those teabags,enough for an entire alphabet ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the last photo with your collection of teabags - so great - looking forward to see, what you're doing with them!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...