Wednesday, July 11, 2012

BURIED TREASURE

Welcome to Buried Treasure: an online, collaborative project that invites art bloggers to go into the depths of their blogs and dig for buried treasure. Each participant was asked to repost one (or more) or their favorite posts from their own blog. There are so many brilliant artists out there but so little time to explore all their work fully. This gives us all an opportunity to see highlights from posts we may have missed from so many of our favorite bloggers!
When I go back in time to view my body of work I cringe a little...but we all get better as we go along right? In the end, I decided to re-post this for the 'Buried Treasure' blog hop created by the one and only Seth.
BE PROTECTED OF THE GODS We're nearing the end of one period of time and just about to enter a new period. I've been thinking of beginnings and how a different or 'new' attitude to a same thing, a thing known, can transform it into a new thing, a thing unknown. Like a new period of time, or a new life in fact.

This post inspired me very much this day and so I found myself digging out an egg I'd made years ago from papier mache (I made the mold from plaster of paris from a hand sculpted egg shape) and painted with a coating of gesso and then splattered with a toothbrush with acrylics in lilac, pale and dark brown and a whisper of grey. I'd applied lettering in a phrase in french which I've long forgotten the meaning of and so when I went to google for translation it gave me this: "Be protected of the Gods." So I'm going with that.


May all of you have a pretty fantastic New Years' celebration however you do it. Be safe. Be loved. See you in the new year!
Thanks for dropping by today; to see many more re-posts for this wonderful event, click on to Seth where he is highlighted above and you'll go to the list of linked artists participating.
See you soon I hope, *smiles* Norma

5 comments:

  1. oooh lovely textured egg Norma! I really like it.

    Helen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea! and I really dig your little egg :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me want to hold it in my hand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes a lovely lovely egg and post.... and so cool that it was my egg drawing that inspired you that day. Makes me smile from deep within!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this egg too, the haptic interface that corresponds to the words.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...