Wednesday, May 16, 2012

WOYWW[154]

I've been working on a little book made from used tea bag paper and a leaf of cigarette rolling paper. The table right beside my laptop is the surface of choice this week.
Here's the images I'm working with. The top visual was transferred to the cover of the book so will encase the single page (cigarette paper) which will become a drawing of this little bird and a few collage style bits added, for the inside of the book.
I'm making this wee book for the lovely, the beautiful, the talented Stefanie. When I'd finished taking a photo of the tabletop (aka work desk) my eye spotted the cigar box of pencils where I keep my most most favorite. I decided that the visual would make a nice header for my blog and so that is what I did. These are my really most cherished pencils. Well I think you will enjoy looking at a host of other work spaces so head on over to the fabulous Miss Julia's blog Stamping Ground, to see what other folk are working on this week. Nice to see you and we'll see you soon I hope! *smiles* Norma

12 comments:

  1. How cool with the cigarette paper and tea bags....I love your header! #100

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely idea - I just don't like spiders!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. will look forward to seeing it finished and i like spiders :)

    have a fab woyww
    kay #22

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blogger header - those pencils are worth preserving on film. A book made from tea bag and cigarette papers is intriguing and the spiders are cute - not keen on the real thing but love images of them. Hope you've had a good WOYWW. Elizabeth x #42

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just realised I have been visiting desks from last week! I must have skidded down the page with my mouse! I love your images and your idea for using them. WOYWW Hugs to you from Helen 34

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed. Cigarette rolling paper and tea bag paper have such great texture. I never thought to use them in crafting. Thank you for your nice comment on my WOYWW post. Hmmm, wood glue. I shall try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo This looks like so much fun!! Do you mind sharing with me how to use the cig paper to transfer? If i'm understanding you right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what beautiful work - I love the images and look forward to seeing the finished book.
    Hope you have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  9. My eyes really jumped to your pencils in the header. Very cool. Tea bags and cigarette papers, there is something I've not heard of being used before. Neat stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. okay...well, I scrolled quickly to the pretty birdie and tried to ignore the 'other guy'....ick..hate spiders... sorry ...I guess you don't ....hahhaha..
    Vee
    23

    ReplyDelete
  11. The header looks great! Lucky Stefanie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Noticed the new header, it's lovely, as you say, a great visual. My word that cigarette paper must be a challenge... Too thin for the sort of over handling I'd have to do!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...