Sunday, April 22, 2012

The best laid plans...

For some time now my fingers have been itching to do some sculpting. I love sculpting and haven't done it for such a long time. Years in fact. So when I came across this chunk of forgotten and abandoned work, I knew I had to get busy. This was going to be a puppet head and is a scary looking laughing character. It got very squished and very very dusty and even has my budgie bird feathers embedded into the plasticine. Overall, a very disgusting thing.
I began by scraping off the top layer in the largest smooth area which happened to be the original eye area and then digging out some fresh plasticine underneath to reclaim it.
Then I gathered the bits together into an oval to start, and found some sculpting tools laying around here.
Now we see the oval with eye areas dug out and a sort of nose piece.
Now I've added little bits of clay for the beginnings of the cheek bones, and two little balls that will be incorporated into the nose to widen it at the bottom. See those two balls that are laying separately? Those are the eyes. They'll be popped in later. I added a thin dime to show the scale.
The eye cavity has been widened and the eyes popped in to place. They will take shape. Also, the egg form was very widened with a chunk of clay added to the forehead and top of head sections.
I know that my photography skills are lacking. I really need to get a camera stand to make things all steady. So this was a sculpting session that was way fun and got me started. Sadly, I have to stop to finish something (a painting) that has a deadline. But I'll show you the continuation of the sculpted piece as I get back to it. Thanks for dropping by, and we'll see you soon, I hope! *smiles* Norma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...