Sunday, June 26, 2011

More blue birds...



The second week of The Summer of Color hosted by Kristin featured the color green with a hint of citron.
I started with the color citron to make yellowish-greeny flowers and then went from there. A green tree and the birds just came on their own. They happened to be blue so maybe I am thinking they will be related to the first blue bird. We shall see. When I was coloring in the blue of the eggs I got carried away and forgot I was working on tea bag paper which is fragile and so when I pressed too hard the paper broke through and I am not kidding I felt like I had just broken a real birds egg. The feeling is awful. So in the nest are two eggs and a broken egg. Such is life.
All of the birds seem interested in one direction and what are they noticing? Do they hear something? Smell something? Imagine something? We shall see!
Of course you know I am leaving a part of each picture unfinished in case I want to tie in a theme as I go along, or at the completion of the ten pictures.
Hope you are all having fun with this event, *smiles* Norma
P.S. I wonder what those gold round things are coming from the tree? Or are they coming from the sky? It is a puzzle.

Thanks for dropping in!

7 comments:

  1. What a marvelous idea. The tea bags are so fragile yet look like aged canvases from thousands of years ago, maybe buried and uncovered. How will you frame them, keep them once you have done the ten? xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Corrine! Well originally I was thinking of doing a little book as they are so close to a moleskine size book. I thought maybe of attaching them to the pages as a sort of 'chapter' in a journal OR doing them in their own book in an accordion style. The muse will direct when the time comes. I throw up my hands my friend. *smiling* Norma
    p.s. meanwhile the skirt hanger is a sort of in-house installation and serves me well in hanging the art pieces for the time being and lets me view them together to see a story unfolding organically. It's like an idea board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet project! I admit, I WILL steal your hanger idea and use it also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandi! Right on sista! *smiles* Norma

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really look forward to your work! Your ideas are so unique and elegant and I LOVE how you allow the art / story to tell itself. It is a beautiful thing to watch. Thank you for sharing this with us, xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU are the inspiration and enabler my friend. Thanks to you and my hat is off to you! *smiles* Norma

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how tiny and beautifully detailed this painting is. Lovely! I want to try painting on teabags as they do have such a beautifully aged quality-and all from tea!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...