Sunday, March 27, 2011

I had a dream...

Do you ever dream about art? I mean clearly: either a visual that is so strong and in focus that there is no mistaking it?...or words, like a message? That happened to me this morning (it was the last dream of the night I guess) and I wanted to blog it because I plan to draw it and don't want to forget. Already after two turkish coffees it becomes foggy. So here's the visual/audio.
...who knows what happened earlier in the dream but at the end, I was leaving a room and a friend shouted out that the important thing was what was happening between the two images on the drawing (she was commenting on a drawing laying in the room I was leaving) and so I went back to look at the messy vague roughly drawn pencil crayon chicken scratch in between the two birds on the page, and realized that NO, THAT WASN'T IMPORTANT, WHAT WAS IMPORTANT WAS THE OPEN DOOR THAT WAS WHERE A HEART WOULD BE ON ONE OF THE BIRDS AND THAT THE OPEN DOOR HAD LIGHT SHINING OUT AND THERE WAS A SMALL HOUSE ON A HILL AND A TREE THAT COULD BE SEEN THROUGH THE OPEN DOOR. So there's my visual and what a nice gift this dream was...

7 comments:

  1. Don't you just love dreams that have such rich visual shifts you can remember. I like the image of the door where the heart should be. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they don't come often. And the trick is to write them down right away. If I'd of waited even an hour later I'd of lost even more of the dream...although the door where the heart should be is memorable! *smiles* Norma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know that the wonderful poem Kubla Khan by S. Coleridge was created in his dream?

    ReplyDelete
  4. S. Coleridge! Wow. Isn't that fantastic. I feel like reading this poem again (it's been a very long time). Thanks for sharing this info. *smiles* Norma

    ReplyDelete
  5. I often have wonderful, creative ideas just as I am falling asleep - I am so sure I will remember them that of course I don't write them down! I am assuming they are still floating out there somewhere...
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings Norma! Firstly, thank you so much for your thought provoking input concerning my rabbits!
    I am what you call a dreamer, always have and probably always will be. I tend to dream about pieces I am currently working on. But then since I dream so much sometimes I am hard put to specifically interpret!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all you dreamers! Have a happy day everyone! *smiles* Norma

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...